10.05.2005

About damn time

I’ve been waiting for 17 months for today. I’ve been counting down the days for the past two weeks. I’m not sure if today is better than Christmas, but it comes damn close.
The NHL is back in action tonight, and I’m going to sit back with a bunch of beer and enjoy my favourite sport in all its glory.
Game one starts at 6 p.m. and will be a gruelling match between Ottawa and Toronto. Let’s go Sens.
Vancouver is the featured Canadian team in game two. Yeah Canucks!

Astronomers at the WM Keck Observatory have identified a moon orbiting Xena, a body they argue is the 10th planet in our solar system. They have called the moon Gabrielle, after Xena's sidekick in the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess.
What kind of losers do we have naming the planets? It’s unbelievable.

Good news for me. My car is paid for. Three hundred dollars a month is now free. The first thing I did was fill the cupboards with food. All kinds. Pretty much everything I would want is in my fridge. I even picked up a honey dew. I haven’t done that for ages. Fresh fruit. Good stuff.

Well that’s it for today. It’s time to go watch hockey.

The Hockey Song  (Smith, James, Good and Phillips) ©1992

Performed & written by Jughead.

So there I was, over in Paris
Eating wine and drinking cheese
And this guy comes up to me and he says
“ Where are you from?”
Well, I says “Yeah, I’m from Canada”
And he says “Zoot Allure, mon Dieu, you are from Canada? Do you play hockey?”
And I says “Do I play hockey?

Chorus
Well, I play Air hockey, Ball hockey, Barn Hockey, Bubble Hockey, Field hockey,
Floor hockey, Ice hockey, Kitchen hockey, Road hockey,Roller hockey, Table hockey, Twist hockey
And I play hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,
hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,hockey all the time!
Take shots!

So there I was way out in California
And this guy comes up to me and he says
“ Where are you from dude?”
Well, I says “Yeah, I’m from Canada”
And he says "Wow! Where are you from dude?”
And I says "Look I'm from Canada"
And he says “Wow. If you’re from Canada? Do you like, play hockey?”
And I says “Do I play hockey?

Chorus

So there I was way down under in Australia
And this guy comes up to me and he says
“ Where are you from?”
Well, I says “Yeah, I’m from Canada”
And he says “Do right, honey child. If you’re from Canada? Do you play hockey?”
And I says “Do I play hockey?

Chorus

He shoots! He scores!