9.23.2004

I've failed

So there I was, walking down the street. I was eating some red-rope licorice, damn is that stuff good.

Anyway, I was in my superhero disguise. People are still not used to a crime fighter all dressed up, so I'm getting a lot of name calling. But as every do-gooder knows, that comes with the territory.

Well, I was crunching some leaves undreneath my boots, when I heard a little girl's scream. I looked her little itty-bitty puppy dog ran out into the street. A 1997 Ford trunk was headed right for it.

I sprang into action. I lept infront of the truck and gave it a mighty heave-hoe. The extended cab flipped over.

I had saved the cutest little doggy in the world. Unfortunately the truck squished someone.

I really don't mind too much. The world always needs puppies. One less person doesn't matter too much.

I went to my den of wonderment to ponder the situation and find out what I could have done differently.

My conclusion: If I had to do it all again, I'd make the same choice. Except, I'd try not to kill the person on the steet, and maybe not even the guy in the Ford.

Damn life is tough when you have super powers.