9.01.2004

They threw the book at me

So I'm driving along ignoring the world and suddenly a set of orange and mauve flashing lights appear. I mutter a curse and pull off to the side of the road, know that this encounter with the RCP won't be painless.

You see I have no fashion sense, cool sense and am poor, all things that don't fit in Riverbend and that all the high class people do their best to keep out. Since my exile (in which I didn't have a choice) to the bend I've been doing my best to stage a quieted subversive movement by wearing jeans, socks with sandals and sports jerseys at every possible encounter. However it seems as my latest affront, leaving the house without a cell phone or pager is going to end up costing me.

Like a couple strait from that gay show "Bob and Jen" wandered over to me and tisked loudly. "Well this just won't do...Jeans, a hockey jersey....No jell in the hair! No cell phone! I haven't seen something this bad since we nabbed that guy from RMH. Even your car doesn't meet the standards! It's a domestic!"

I grated my teeth, wanting for them to make a slip up, to give me a chance to make a break...Then I spotted it. The secret weapon against rich snobs....A book, because while they may be rich, dress better, drive better cars and stab each other in the back, I have the power of knowledge.

I acted quickly, not to start off to badly I began reciting Tale of Two Cities and began moving up to the heavy artillery of The Prince and War and Peace. Instead of having the desired effect, the just stared blankly at me...realizing I needed to make a quick break I reacted rashly and threw the book at them.

I'm now on the run for a double murder and assult with a deadly book and short one copy of War and Peace. Stupid RCP