8.28.2004

Love was in the air or Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

I wasn't sure if I should go with a facetious title or one that I've wanted to use since the beginning of time.

Anyway, here's three interesting happenings that occurred when I partied it up in Rocky like it was 1999 last night.

1) Someone should have told the Fisher girls that you can't put more than one Japanese fighting fish in the same Fish Bowl.

Last night at the newest hottest bar in Rocky, mayhem broke out. Fights galore. Cops had to make three separate appearances. At one time, there were three cop cars and an SUV parked at the door. I'm surprised they didn't have riot gear on. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck the Police.

I don't know who was fighting or why. Yes, I'm a terrible reporter. I did, however, see Jason Collins with a bloodied up face. It was nice; I never did like the guy. I also saw Eric Wymenga. He was trying to separate two combatants.

My guess on the whole situation is that alcohol was a factor. I also believe Joel lent out some of his testosterone for the evening. Damn you Joel and your manliness, keep it to yourself.

2) Once again at the Fish Bowl. My girlfriend and I were on our way out the door.

"You are really beautiful," three guys drunkenly slur in our direction.

"Thank you," I respond. I know they were talking to my amazingly good-looking significant other, but I thought I'd be a dick. You know for fun. They stare at me all baffled for a while.

We keep heading towards the door.

"You fagot," yell the table of drunken idiots. Now, I think this is the worst insult they could have came up with. I'm not a gay rights activist or anything, this was just stupid. A) I'm leaving with a girl. B) They were three guys with no girls. C) There was enough alcohol in their system for them to get a little curious and try some crap when they got home.

My girlfriend likes a little confrontation, so she turned around, gave them a giant middle finger and yelled "kiss my ass." I laughed it was funny.

They shouted a few more things, but I couldn't make them out.

I'm really amazed that people in Rocky are even smart enough to fight. The throwing of punches seems a little too difficult for these people. I guess if they can bring the beer bottle to their lips; they can swing their arms.

3) Phat Jacks was full of scum. I'll keep this short. I had a drunk guy heckle my pool playing, which pissed me off. He wouldn't stop. He didn't even know the rules for valley 8-ball. He kept calling me a cheater when I was awarded ball-in-hand. Damn ugly old guys.

Also, I was offered to purchase some "doobies." I've made it a habit not to by drugs from people I don't know. It's common sense. Drug dealers who have to sell at a bar are stupid. It' s easy to find a better clientele. You don't want to be the dealer for every alocoholic in Rocky.

My girlfriend was also offered some coke in the bathroom, which she declined. She then led me out the front door.

Good times at Phat Jacks. I guess the atmosphere just isn't enough for some people.


Well that was some of the interesting happenings last night. They were mixed in with a lot of fun stuff, like playing pool and dancing. It was a good evening. It's too bad Joel would rather sit behind a cash register at Rolf's than come have a good time.