8.19.2004

In a galaxy far far away

A wind storm was fast approaching, with the wind came the dust, and the dust brought all the low-life deserters back into town, so trouble was a brewin’.

I sat on my perch on the north-west corner of Jinengu’s three metre tall wall. I liked watching the wall of red sand fly my way. The slight breeze ruffled my medium-length, dirty blond hair.

For curious readers, Jinengu is a town of 5,000 people on the two-sunned planet Tantoonie. I once heard a great Jedi lived on this god-forsaken pile, but that was 300 years ago, before the resurgence of the force and a balance between good and evil was restored.

In only moments the blanket of dust would cover the town and I could get to work. My double bladed lightsaber hung from my belt right beside my 5100-CRR blaster pistol. I was about to reek havoc on the convenient store before I headed to the stripclub down the street.

Two years ago, I was banished from the town after illegally claiming a bounty. My license had expired, and the guild kicked me out. I needed 500 credits to purchase an independent license, so I could once again kill for a living.

Five, four, three, two, one. I jumped to the ground just before the torrent of dirt. The streets were quiet, except for a few startled cries. I pulled my hood over my head and opened the door to Grolf’s, and there he was. It was the same clerk who had been there for the past three years.

I pulled out my lightsaber. Bzzzzzzzt, bzzzzzt. The red blades shot to life. I was about to have some fun. I did a double flip to the counter, but the clerk was quick. He pulled out a blaster rifle and depressed the trigger twice. The energy bolts headed straight for my chest, but the force took over and my death was prevented. The bolts deflected off to the side.

“Give me all your cash,” I demanded of the clerk, who was shaking. He dropped his gun and did what I said. “I want the stash in the safe too.” I hoped he had a couple grand in there. I really wanted to get loaded.

The teller complied with everything I said, and I knew exactly what to give him for his reward. I turned around and took a couple steps. I could hear a small sigh of relief. The robbery was over.

But then I spun, my cloak swirled around my body, and with a quick slice of my blades, the clerk’s head went flying. I held a pose for the overhead camera. Blood sprayed straight into the air before his body crumpled to the floor. I put him out of his misery. My good deed for the day was done. I left Grolf’s.

Now it’s time to go see some naked ladies.

I walked down the stairs to the basement entrance. It was a dirty, grimy place. I loved it. After walking through the door and checking my weapons at the counter, I took a seat in the corner of the room. I wanted to see if any action was going on around me.

The stage had a decent looking Rodian dancing around, but what really caught my attention was the human female playing pool. She had brown hair, a gorgeous body, and wasn’t that bad with a stick either. A silver sword pendant hung around her neck, and it sparkled in the light.

“What can I get you?” The waitress inquired. She had startled me.

“I’ll have the strongest stuff you got,” I replied, and flipped her some 200 credits. “This should cover my night. I want to leave pissed.”

My drink came. I took a sip and it burned all the way down my throat. Damn was it good. I dumped my loot onto the table. There was just over 3,000 creds. It was more than I had hoped for.

It was an excellent day. Exactly what I needed.