9.16.2005

Do you smell that?

Well, the North Stars had their regular season home opener. It was an 8-2 beating of the Klippers.
I mean beating. Six fights broke out, but surprisingly no blood was shed.
Anyway, during the intermissions and during the warm-up, dedicated North Star enthusiasts always come up to me and ask me questions.
Where did this guy come from? What’s the coach like? How are they going to do this season?
I don’t mind this. I could talk hockey for days upon days.
What I do mind is that most of these avid fans have horrible breath. It’s getting to the point where I’m going to have to carry gum around and give each person a piece before they start talking to me.
I try to make sure to keep a minty fresh mouth. I know I’m going to be talking to people all throughout the day. I don’t want to be remembered as the ass-mouthed reporter.
Maybe I just naturally attract the nasty teeth people. The humans with yellow stained teeth, the inflamed gums and the severe case of the nasty gingivitis.
Maybe these people haven’t seen the Listerine commercials.