8.30.2005

The Single Guy

This past week was a little difficult for me. After two and a half years, I’m once again a single man.
It happened last week and I’m still having a hard time with the whole thing. I’m sure I’ll get over it and I’m sure I’ll find someone else, but it still sucks.
I’m trying to get her out of my head, but the good times keep popping in.
The first kiss at the Schanks new year’s party in front of pool table number three.
The time we went bowling and she ran down the lane and slipped on the way back.
The day we went and watched the play filth.
The countless hours of practicing pool
When she came and visited me in Powell River, you could see the love and joy in her eyes. She was the only one to come visit.
I loved the way her face lit up when ever a dog, cat or any other animal came her way.
Her personality was the exact opposite of mine. I thought they complimented each other perfectly. I guess they didn’t.
There was some bad times too, but I really don’t want to remember them.
The one thing I hate about the whole thing is everyone’s sympathy.
They make me feel like I’m some sort of pity case. I’m not some kind of freak that is now doomed to live alone in the middle of Saskatchewan.
Don’t worry, I’ll survive.

What ever happened to Johnathan Silverman?