8.05.2005

Just wanted to rant

I really think there should be a law about work calling people on their days off, or at least not at nine in the morning.
The dayoff is a chance to sleepin, relax and not worry about what happened the last five days.
It’s a chance to clear your mind and let loose.
I went out for drinks, played some pool and headed to a friend’s for some drinks before returning home at three in the morning.
I thought I’d be able to lie in bed until noon, but no! I got a nice wakeup call shortly after nine from work wondering where my pages were. They needed a copy of one.
Well, instead of calling me up, they could have looked in the spot where I always keep them. The same spot they were last week, the month before that and since I started here 11 months ago.
This is the second week in a row where I’ve received an early morning wakeup call on my day off. It’s got to stop.
For breaking the no-calls-on-the-dayoff law, the employee should get to punch his boss in the face.
A good hard one. I bet that would cut the calls down to zero in no time.
I wouldn’t mind if they were afternoon, but let me sleep in once and a while.


I’m also wondering if the Dukes of Hazard is going to be any good. Jessica Simpson in short shorts helps, but it better be more than just that.