7.18.2005

Ouch, damn Mike Tyson wannabes

Teen’s nose bitten off in film argument
-Samantha Williams Daily Telegraph

A TEENAGE movie-goer had plastic surgery yesterday after his nose was bitten off during a fight about a Hollywood film.
The 19-year-old man had just finished watching the late session of Sin City, a violent comic-strip adaptation, when he and another man began to argue inside Bathurst's Metro Cinema.

The pair were believed to be arguing about whether the graphic violence in the movie made for good viewing.

They began to fight and the other man bit the teenager's nose off before fleeing the cinema, leaving his victim bleeding severely and without a nose.

This reminds me of two weeks ago when I said I wasn’t a big fan of Life Aquatic. Joel leapt at me. Fangs plunging towards my jugular. I managed to side step the assault and administered a thumb lock which took him to the carpeted floor. To salvage the weekend, I said it was okay but not nearly as good as Bottle Rocket, Rushmore or The Royal Tenenbaums.