6.23.2005

Why won't you just shut up?

There’s nothing I hate worse than running into someone you don’t want to talk to and then they won’t shut up.
It happens at work every other day. I try and avoid this guy, but somehow he manages to corner me and start yacking.
His usual method is to sneak up when I’m talking to someone else. He jumps in and keeps talking.
He also works right beside the washroom, so I have to walk by a couple times a day. I try to hold it in until I go home for lunch, but that doesn’t always work.
I try and get out of the conversation, but there isn’t much of a chance. He doesn’t need to pause for air while he’s talking.
He just keeps going and going.
I think to myself about how great it would be to just hit him in the face. I’d love to break his jaw just to shut him the hell up.
I know I’d get a huge cheer from the rest of the workers.
I’d get lifted up on everyone’s shoulders and paraded around the office.
They’d sit me back down in front of the guy.
I’d point at him and say “in your face sucka.”

I think "in your face sucka" is exactly what the NBA said to the NHL. We got our CBA done in a day; you've taken more than 50 weeks.

I also used "in your face sucka" when I graduated from college before Joel. He's the smart one. He could find the damn switch in Metal Gear Solid. I couldn't. Damn that game sucks, and why is there so many buttons on todays controllers?

I've been at my job for almost 10 months, and one of the advertisers doesn't know my name. She calls me Dan. It's not that far off, and I usually let it slide if I don't really know someone. But her and I were on the same relay for life team. She signed me up. Her and I work together on a daily basis. We're not just two people at oppisite ends of an office.
I think it goes to show that advertisers are self absorbed idiots. Yes, I'm in editorial and have a hatred for PR people and advertisers.

Clerks also piss me off. They're so smug with their button up shirts and their free slurpees. You're not better than me so quit acting like it.