6.22.2005

It's time for a little twister

Wow, how oblivious to my surroundings am I?
On Saturday evening, I came home after covering a golf event and playing some tennis. It was nice, but starting to get cloudy. You could tell a storm was brewing.
I was sitting on my bed watching Dodgeball the movie, and my blinds were just rattling. The wind had sure picked up.
It was annoying so I went and closed all the windows.
I sat back down and finished watching one of the funniest movies last summer.
On Sunday, my friend Mel asked me if I’d seen the tornado.
Yep, 10 blocks away from my apartment, a twister touched down.
Here I thought it was just a little windy.

I’ve become a movie junkie of late. I’ve seen three movies in the theatre in the last two weeks. That’s two more than I’ve been two since moving to North Battleford.
I recommend all three of the movies. Batman, Star Wars and the Longest Yard.
The only thing bad about the three movies was all of Chris Rock’s black jokes in the Longest Yard. They’re getting pretty old.