7.11.2005

Damn old people

I just wanted to snap. I wanted to snap an old ladie’s brittle bones and throw them into the top of a slurpee machine and feed the cool refreshing treat, which turns 40 today, to her grandkids. I’d crack up laughing with each sip they took.

Why am I pissed off. An old lady called in to complain about two grammatical errors. One was pled. No such word. The second should have been written instead of wrote.

She suggested we should really take more care when writing our stories and should think about retaking English. She took it 80 years ago and doesn’t have a problem. I bet she’s never even made a mistake before.

Twelve pages of copy and two minor mistakes. That’s a damn good day in the newspaper business.

It makes me wonder why we keep old people around, if they have nothing better to do than read newspapers and bitch about mistakes. By doing this does she feel important? Does she believe she’s still a vital part of society?

Anyway back to work. Yes I know from all the mistakes in my blog I really should retake English, but there’s always that risk I could fail. I don’t want that.