6.30.2005

Work is fun.

Wow, let’s just say I had one of the craziest work weeks ever.
I don’t know if I ever told anyone, but for the next three weeks I get to sit in the big chair. Yes, just like the one Darth Vader has.
I’m acting editor while the boss is away on vacation.
How did I get this job? I don’t know. I don’t have the seniority. I haven’t shown any interest to do anything but sports. I’m not competent. Anyway, here I am adding another tidbit to my resume.
This week, was my orientation. I had to put the paper together, with the boss looking over my shoulder.
That’s not fun. It’s the opposite of fun. Street hockey is fun. Peeking down the tanktop of girls while working at Rolf’s is fun. Having someone nit pick about every little detail while you’re trying to get something done, isn’t.
The other reason it was so damn, friggin wacky was due to the long weekend.
The deadlines were bumped up a day. Instead of Thursday at 1 p.m., everything was to be completed by Wednesday at 1 p.m.
So now, I have to take over the roll with someone’s hot breath on my neck and 24 hours less than a normal week.
It’s like dropping a an inexperienced cook into the middle of Friday’s dinner rush.
I managed, but held up the press two hours. They had to work until 5 p.m.
I don’t sympathise too much. I was here until midnight on Tuesday, so screw them.