8.15.2005

The exciting life and times of Dane Lutz

I can't think of anything to write so I'm just going to summarize my weekend in all its glory. Maybe my next post will be better, but I doubt it.

Do I ever miss having someone else cooking for me. It was great having someone else create a tasty meal for me.
This weekend, I received two meals that I didn’t have to prepare for myself. Some good home-cooked dinners.
Friday, I was treated to delicious garden potatoes and beans accompanied with a succulent T-bone steak.
Saturday, I had some more garden veggies. This time it was corn on the cob and mashed potatoes beside a huge slab of roast beef.
You never know how much you miss something until it’s gone, I guess.
Anyone interested in cooking me a meal should send me an e-mail and we’ll arrange something.

Went to my buddy Brian’s house Friday, meal one. Ended up hanging out with him and his 15-month-old daughter. I don’t know why, but kinds seem to love me. I think it’s about age 12 when they learn what cool is that they stop liking me.
Went to a car show and saw some beautiful vehicles. Realized I like big, long convertibles. Don’t know why, just do.
Then we ended up playing a couple hours of pool. The only time I lost was when I scratched on the eight ball.

Saturday, was a relaxing day. I watched the Jays game and drank coke floats until 3 p.m. That was after a nice sleep-in.
Went over to buddy Scott’s house, meal two, to watch some football and play NFL 2005. Both activities were accompanied with a lot of beer and a couple Caesars. Yummy, yummy caesars.
Went home around midnight, watched a little TV and fell asleep until 3 a.m.
The downstairs neighbors came home and had a drunken argument. Well the girl was pissed, you could tell by the slurred yelling. The guy just put up with the ranting and then stormed out and took a walk while the girlfriend cooled down.
I’m guessing she passed out before he came back because there was no more yelling.
Fell asleep at 5 a.m.
Woke up at 8 a.m. Started the day off with some bacon and eggs. Maple syrup bacon.
Started to work. Went to the lawn bowling club, arena for hockey camp and golf course for tournament. Fun times. Took some pictures and went to the office to do some writing.
Talked with Mel the janitor. Going to play some tennis with him tonight if it doesn’t rain.
Went home watched Simpson, Family Guy and American Dad. Made some cookies, and had a steak for dinner.
Had a friend come over. Watched the movie 40 days and 40 nights. Better than I thought. Momentarily wondered if I could go that long. Decided I couldn’t.
Played some cards. I’m a pretty could 31 player. Movie and cards were mixed together with some spiced rum and cokes. Redrum.