8.30.2005

Splish splash

I always loved the water. My favorite memories growing up were at the lake, on the waterslides or running through the sprinkler.
On Sunday I was treated to a little sailing. The Battlefords Sailing Club held their annual regatta and I got to tag along to take pictures.
It was so relaxing. The rocking of the boat, the smell of the fresh, humid air and the sounds of the waves splashing.
It was great and I didn’t want to leave. It makes me wonder why I’m trapped in a prairie province.
Yes, there’s a lake with sailing here, but you can’t do much with the minute amount of wind.
I should be along the coast, somewhere warm possibly even tropical. I could cover surf competitions and beach volleyball.
That’s the life for me. I could live in a houseboat at some dock.
I’d even give up red meat for fresh seafood. Lobster right out of the ocean beats the best steak I’ve ever eaten, which was $35 at the Banff Springs hotel.
A change in scenery is exactly what I could use right now.
I’m getting bored, even a roadtrip would be great. Something to get away from the Battlefords.
I need a break.