9.02.2005

Black 6 - White 1

Last night was a blast. I was behind the bench of the Black and White game as an assistant coach.
It’s one of the perks to being the sports editor of the news paper. I was teamed up with Marty from access. It was a good thing. he actually knew what to do. I basically chatted with the players, and looked like an idiot in a suit.
The only thing I did was give one of the guys a permission to go get in a fight.
“Do you want me to flip the lid cocah?”
“Sure go ahead.” I wanted to set the tone right from the beginning. It worked we won 6-1.
It gives whole different perspective of the game than just watching from the stands. You get to see the game from the players view and hear the different comments they make.
The comments are what I thought they would be. A lot of cursing, who’s going to be the victim of the next big check and blah, blah, blah.
The Black and White game consists of players trying to make the Junior A North Stars. I get to play coach while the real coaches are in the stands deciding on who makes the team and who gets sent home.
A job that would be fun except for handing down the news for anyone that gets cut. It pretty much destroys a dream.

A couple little rants, just because I like bitching:

Another problem I have is with people who put their clothes in the washing machine in the laundromat and just leave.
I waited around for about 15 minutes for a machine to open up, but no one came. I got fed up and left. Screw it, I’ll wear some dirty jeans for another day.

I’m at work on my day off, because of a surprise interview. I don’t understand how people can just come down to the office and expect someone to just stop what they’re doing and talk to them. Most of the time it’s not too bad, but on my day off. It sucks. I guess it gave me another reason to put off doing dishes.