9.15.2005

It's not so bad.

Tuesday was my one year anniversary at the News-Optimist.
Wow! The year went by fast, which I’m guessing was because it was really fun or I was busy and didn’t have much time to think.
I have to say I have a good job. I bitch quite a bit about the hours and the pay, but really it’s not too bad watching sports day after day.
I don’t mind taking in three or four hockey games, a volleyball tournament and a couple of football games each week. That’s what’s going on this week.
And really, I probably would be at the games even if I wasn’t getting paid.
Plus, it’s neat to see the completed paper twice a week and admire the work done. I also get to know that my work is being archived and will be around for centuries to come.
Not many people will actually read it then, but it’s there just in case someone wants to know the outcome of the North Stars home opener against the Klippers on Friday night.
So next time I start whining about how bad I have it, smack me upside the head. Just make sure I take my glasses off. It’s not polite to hit a person with spectacles.

Oh and what other job do you get invited to take pictures of female athletes running, jumping or bouncing around?