4.11.2008

Friday's Fresh Flower Potpourri

I'm sure all of you are still on the edge of your seats concerning the baffling mystery of the missing bed. Well, after finally getting the chance to consult with my roommates last night, I found out the terrible tingling truth. One fellow, assuming the bed to have been abandoned by a former roommate, offered it to a friend of his family when one of her boys needed a new bed. After finding out the stink made on Tuesday night, he figured out it might not be a good idea to give away things that don't expressly belong to oneself, and the bed is currently on its way back.

Should be nice and tidy ending, right? Well, before finding out all the facts, the landlord decided that the disappearance of the bed was a ingenious heist concocted by two other roommates leaving at the end of the month, and she launched an entire milk-truck's worth of shit on their heads. Needless to say she hasn't been coming down much in the past couple of days due to mortification after finding out the truth. There's a lesson here, folks! Unfortunately, I'm not an episode of G.I. Joe, so I'm not going to spell it out for you.

I wish I was an episode of G.I. Joe though.

Now! I don't like to plug stuff in my posts, because as I've stated before, people tend to just nod their heads at my recommendations, go about their lives, then finally go check my recommendation out when somebody cooler and sexier makes the same recommendation. (I'm not lying here or exaggerating for comedic effect. Even my mother does the same damn thing.) But I feel like I must today!

I'd been hearing a lot about this show called Flight of the Conchords lately. It's a comedy about a couple of folk singers from New Zealand trying to make it big in the NYC scene. Normally I wouldn't pay much mind to something like this, because I find most "comedic" musical groups to be a bunch of smug dipshits who are too much in love with their "clever" wordplay. But Flight of the Conchords? Damn, they've managed to pull it off. And how! Seriously, I've almost cried from laughing so hard, and nothing has done that to me for a good long time. So, yeah, if you're as f***ing bored/tired/sick with Family Guy and all of it's demon offspring as I am, give this a shot.

Or give it a shot two months later when someone cool and sexy tells you to go watch the show. What do I care? In the meantime, here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHOSEcmZvG8