2.27.2008

Boned

So the boss was in the store putting up Easter and St. Patrick's Day decorations last night. I swear, you probably haven't seen so many leprechauns and rabbits in one place in your entire life. Also, he put scattered a bunch of St. Patrick's Day coins around inside our counter/display case, so it looks like an Irish pirate just got really dazed and confused and said, "You know what? I'm just putting my treasure here. Now to listen to the Pogues and drink Guinness on Regina's mighty shores! Arrrrrgh and Begorrah!"

The boss was hanging up some banners in the window and lamenting on how we didn't get enough stock from one of our suppliers this week. I just nodded along while rearranging the chocolate bar racks. All of a sudden, he said, "I got a boner in Edmonton."

I look up.

Joel: Really? You got a boner in Edmonton?
Rolf: NO! I said I've got to PHONE HER in Edmonton the next time I'm down.

He walked into the stock section of the store.

Joel: Well, you know, Edmonton's a big place. Lots of people get boners there.
Rolf: *grumble* Joel, that's TMI.
Joel: What? What's so TMI about that? It's not like I'm talking about myself. Although I did live there for close to sixteen months, so it's not unconceivable that I got one myself! Hell, I probably had...

I was cut off when he walked into the cooler and slammed the door.

Ten minutes later, after he had finished restocking, he came back out.

Joel: So, did you get your boner just because you liked being in Edmonton so much, or was it...

He turned around and went back into the cooler.