2.21.2008

Book Club Pick 2: Twilight

Welcome back to the Joel Nielsen Book Club! We've been on hiatus for a while, so all of our members could catch up on our last pick, Darkfever. They keep crapping themselves and throwing themselves into walls every ten pages or so, and it's really slowing down their progress. Regardless, we stride boldy forward with today's pick, Twilight by Stephanie Myer. They're making a movie based on the book, so it's gotta be good, right? Right? Almost as good as Jumper, I hope.

Here's what the publisher summary has to say:

About three things I was absolutely positive.

First, Edward was a vampire.

Second, there was a part of him--and I didn't know how dominant that part might be--that thirsted for my blood.

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.


So, I was thinki...

...

No. No! I can't go through with this. This is just too much. You know how many stupid vampire romances I've catalogued since I started this gig? Countless! All agony!

And lusting after vampires, still? Sure, it was cute the first couple of times, but come on! You think gazelles get all hot and bothered over lions? "Ooooooh, he's so dark and mysterious! He feeds on blood but I'm so sexy that he has to contain his blood lust and not eat me and that translates into passion and" AGHGGHGGGHGHHGGHGH *smashes head into keyboard*

Damn vampires.

Anyways, I just catalogued the set of Twilight novels, and it came with a poster. It's yours if you want it. Consider it your reward for making it through my deranged, tortured rant.