2.25.2008

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That

I used to run a blog with my friend Dane. A lot of the time we'd just gripe at each other, or Dane would go out drinking and then complain about something. Few who read it could ever forget about his infamous stripper rant. Anyways, as it tends to be with personal sites, we could barely get any of our mutual IRL friends to read it. Ever try that? Like, "Oh man! I thought of something really funny, but I can't tell you about it! You have to go online and read it so I get increased traffic." People pretty much stop being your friend at that point.

Back in 2005 when I went to college, the hosting for our image files got the plug yanked and as such we had a bunch of those ferocious Red X's plastered all over the site. What makes it worse was that my computer had died earlier in the year, taking all of the original copies down with the ship. So to get our site looking pretty again, I had to start from scratch.

Since I was back in school and didn't have buckets of time, I figured I'd do a Google Image search for "dane and joel" and see what I'd come up with. Those kind of searches tend to be crapshoots, but this time I found a picture so hilariously awesome I set to work touching it up right away. Here it is.



Regular readers got a laugh out of it, but Dane complained that he didn't get to be the cool guy. I'd never be able to pull off cool hair like the other guy though, so sorry, I guess we're stuck in our roles.

A couple of months later I was back in Rocky working at the store to raise some extra cash on the weekends. A friend of mine came in to the store to say hi, and he said, "So... I went to your site for the first time the other day. Is there something you guys need to tell me?"

Just goes to show you. Sex sells.