1.27.2008

Stapp Infection

I was listening to the 90s station on XM radio and My Own Prison by Creed came on. That's one of those rites of passage you go through on your way into your 30s, isn't it? It's when songs that were popular when you were first in college start making their way onto the oldies stations.

One thing to say for Creed is that they're definitely a fun band to sing along to when you try to be as ridiculously over-the-top as possible. For once, I tried to man up and sing it like Scott Stapp does. I was rewarded with the most ridiculous sinus headache I've ever had in my life.

No wonder that guy was so pissed all the time! I'd be a Grumpy Gus too if my main claim to fame made my sinuses feel like they were ready to erupt like a snotty Mt. Vesuvius.

Is that what the Christ pose was all about? Was he just trying to get some drainage going? "Let's see, tilt my head back, stretch my arms... *relief*" He looks at the newspaper the next day, "Scott Stapp thinks he's Jesus" appears in the concert review.

I'd probably write "With Arms Wide Open" after that, too.