7.17.2007

Just so you know...

When you go out for a bite to eat on a 30-plus day, you should know there is going to be some sweat in your food. It may look like grease, but really that's sweat.

Cooks work in an environment full of heating instruments. It's at least an extra 10 degrees in the kitchen. I have never worked anywhere with air conditioning in the back or any type of cooling mechanism. The most I've ever had was an open door, which does nothing.

On Sunday, it was one of those super hot days. It was so hot that the glass doors for our cooler all of the sudden popped. The safety glass was shattered. It looked like a spider's web. I perspired all over the food that day.

Enjoy your next trip to a restaurant on a hot, sunny day.


I'm also taking this little heat wave in Calgary to test out deodorants. So far, Old Spice is the best. Degree is the worst and Right Guard is somewhere in the middle. I'm not going to try Axe. I've seen the commercials and I don't want to be molested by the servers.