1.29.2008

Snow Day

I pulled into the parking lot of my job on Monday and was bewildered to see there were no other vehicles there. There was just a gigantic snow drift that encompassed the entire parking lot. For those of you not in Alberta, we’ve been hit with some really wacky weather, with temperatures plunging to 30 below and 50 below with windchill. Anyways, I sat and waited to see if anybody would show up. The director came by about fifteen minutes later. I got out to wait for him to shut off the alarm. He looked at me like I was retarded and shouted over the wind at me, “The office is closed! Go home!”

Did I just get a Snow Day? Seriously?

Sadly, I didn’t get involved in any “wacky” mishaps with an insane snowplowman. Neither did I manage to hook up with a girl WAY out of my league, despite -- or perhaps because of -- my terminal goofiness. Also, there were no Chevy Chases to be seen. Anywhere.

Thank Christ.

Do you really wanna hurt me...

Kind of makes me wonder why I bothered with the mad rush back to Lacombe the night before. A huge blizzard with visibility as low as 10 metres ahead sometimes, big snow drifts all over the road, insane assholes riding my ass for – heaven forbid! – going a bit lower than the speed limit. Hell, there could have been a bear violating me at the same time and it couldn’t have made things much worse.

Then again, there’s always Rambo. I was bored last night, so I went to the movie theatre in Lacombe, and it was a toss-up between stale testosterone (Rambo) and a hyperactive romantic comedy (27 Dresses). There’s how many good movies out now and that’s the shit we get? Rural theatres are awful!

Aw, hell, Chevy; at this point, you’re more than welcome to come back.


...Man, that's some nightmare fuel right there.