12.02.2006

The Cinematic Apex

Pundits are prolly beginning to wax fantastic on the Oscar candidates, seeing as it's the end of the year and all, but I'd like to introduce you to the major Oscar winner of 2008.

I realize it's a tad foolhardy to throw all of my support behind a film that's not even finished filming yet, but as soon as I read the plot summary I just knew. I knew that the epic scope and compelling story presented therein will bring us a film that makes Gone With The Wind look like Failure to Launch. Even if some complete hack was assigned to direct and the cast was made up of the actors from 7th Heaven, the resulting film could be nothing short than a masterpiece. What is this masterful odyssey, soon to replace the Odyssey as the literary odyssey that odyssey-minded folk take on their odyssey to learn?

Outlander...

OUTLANDER!!!

Say it loud, and there's music playing! Say it soft, and it's just like praying.

Yes, Outlander. The movie where Vikings team up with Jesus to kill a blood-thirsty and nigh-invincible alien beast.

Mark the day you read this, my friend. When you regale your puplings and the tears of joy eked out by golden nostalgia trickle down your cheek, well, all of existence will have seemed worth it, won't it?