11.29.2006

Harmony of Man

A quote from a previous post that made me snigger:

Lollipop, my lollipop
Fell under the fridge
Now I cannot eat
But I guess
I can give it
To Dane
splash

Good lord, I'm awesome.

Well, relations between races might be reaching yet another low, but I read something the other day that gave me hope. I haven't found anything that illuminates the equality of men more than this. No sad cliches and no platitudes you might find on the wall of a dizzy kindergarten teacher. Here's a snippet from Naguib Mahfouz's book Palace Walk, which is set in Egypt.

"O God, may this street never end. May this dancing movement never cease. What a royal rump combining both arrogance and graciousness. A wretch like me can almost feel its softness and its firmness both, merely by looking. This wonderful crack separating the two halves--you can almost hear the cloth covering it talk about it."


Booty: The Great Equalizer.