1.03.2006

2005 is gone.

It’s 2006. Did 2005 ever end with some good times. I remember most of the evening, but some things are a little fuzzy.
It started out with the long trip to the big city of Saskatoon. The roads were crap and it was slow going.
We arrived at cousin Darcy’s house and watched the first period of the Canada/US junior hockey game. We killed them.
Anyway, we ate dinner at the Blue Diamond. It was packed. Everyone was out for their last meal of 2005.
I had the steak sandwich with caesar and a stuffed potato. Good food, but there wasn’t a good looking waitress in the building. I was a little disappointed.
Then it was beers and the last half period of the hockey game. I downed half a case of Heineken before heading off to the bar.
Jax it was called. The place was packed with every age imaginable.
Me and my friends situated ourselves by the pool table and challenged the pool players.
I didn’t play any, so I was in charge of grabbing the drinks. There was a deal, with every double you got a free flashlight. I ended up with quite a few.
I ended up talking with a bunch of people. I don’t remember any names thought.
The shooter girl was hot and she became my best friend that evening. By the end of the night we were just hanging out chit chatting.
At one point, I must have gotten lost because I was on the far side of the bar sitting with a table of girls. They were really giggly and super drunk. I ended up leaving to grab drinks and never made it back.
There was a guy from Vancouver trying to find his brother. He was all drugged up. He ended up getting kicked out and beat up.
Then there was a fat native lady who said I was cute and bought me couple drinks. She ended up leaving when her friend was kicked out. I didn’t mind. She was ugly.
I also met some native guy. He was cool. He liked hockey.
It started getting a little hazy near the end. They wouldn’t give me anymore beer. I thought they were being dicks and cut me off, but last call was over.
I don’t remember heading home. I do remember waking up on the couch I was supposed to in my blanket.
I ended up with the shooter girl’s number, but there’s no name on the piece of paper. Damn.
Well, that’s how 2005 ended and 2006 began for me. It was a lot of fun.
I don’t really have any new year’s resolutions. I’m thinking about curing cancer or being the first man on Mars, but we’ll have to see I didn't fight a great white like I wanted to all last year.