5.19.2005

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Fuck! That’s all I can really say.
I can’t believe my luck. It looks like I’m out $212.
At the end of March, I did some freelance writing for Sage. Somewhere between the time they sent the cheque to my place and arriving at my place, my payment fell into the hands of an idiot.
This idiot, signed the back of my cheque and cashed it.
The amazing thing is no one asked any questions.
Why would they ask questions?
It was cashed at the bank. The teller should have checked some sort of ID. Maybe a driver’s licence, a debit card or the such.
If they would have seen my identification, they would have noticed my signature is totally different than the one on the cheque. So much so that I don’t even sign the same name as the one that was on the back of the cheque.
The check read Arron Lutz. I sign Dane Lutz.
And for those really smart people, you might have known or noticed that my name is spelt with two As and one R. The moron couldn’t read the front of the cheque to see that.
One more little tidbit that could have raised concern is the cheque was sent to North Battleford. It was cashed in Calgary.
Dumbasses!