2.15.2005

Kick in the crotch

Valentine’s day is nothing but a pain. It’s horrible trying to find a decent present. Seeking out that perfect gift.

The horror, the stress, it’s too much for one little day.

Damn commercial holidays. There’s no reason to celebrate Feb. 14. Well, none that anyone cares about or remembers.

It’s all about spending money to show how much you care for your significant other.

To open your wallets and buy, buy, buy. I think it should be erased from the calendar. I think every male on the planet is with me.

You could take the lazy way out and grab flowers or candy. That’s what I did.

I picked up a heart of chocolate fudge. I’m glad my girlfriend doesn’t care too much for holidays and the such.

I’m a lucky guy. The fudge went over great. I, of course, made it seem like I didn’t get her anything and popped it out around 8 p.m.

I also treated her to a bottle of wine, some pizza and a couple of movies.

We watched the Grudge and Shrek 2. Both movies rocked.

The Grurdge was way better than I would have guessed. I’m not a Buffy fan. It was one of the creepier movies I’ve seen.

Shrek 2 was just as good as the first in my opinion, which means everything.

It was a good evening. Although, I didn’t get anything in return.

But that’s okay, guys don’t need gifts. We don’t want big hearts with fancy lettering. We don’t care for flowers that are going to die in a few days.

I think we should make a Valentine’s day for men. Get them something they would like. How about Comic Day? Or Sports memorabilia day? I’m sure Joel would like a Video Game day.

Let’s make a second holiday for men or change Valentine’s day to something both sexes can enjoy.