2.07.2005

Lots of beer equals bad headache equals bad day at work

How many people are hung over today?

The biggest game of the year happened yesterday. The Superbowl has been played, the victors celebrated and the losers have walked away from the sunny shores of Jacksonville.

The Patriots win 24-21. It was an easy game to predict, but I had the Pats up by a touchdown.

I started to think about the millions and millions of viewers. The coach potatoes stuffing their faces with chips, pizza and beer. I wondered how much beer the average person consumes during the day and how bad they feel come Monday morning.

Let’s try to calculate the amount of beer consumed. The game lasted about three hours. Then there’s the pregame show. There’s half time, the post-game celebration and of course the pre-pregame show. In total about seven or eight prime hours of alcohol consumption.

Now the average person can casually drink a beer in 20 minutes. Well, I can. That’s three beer an hour or 24 beer. A cube. Now that number can increase or decrease depending on the type of drunk you are.

I’ve noticed that some people drink quicker once inebriation enters its access code.

Others drink a little slower. Either way a lot of beer is going to get pissed out.

SO...

I’m now wondering why the Superbowl isn’t played on Saturday?

It gives all the overly enthusiastic beer drinkers a chance to recuperate. A day to relax and guzzle water in an attempt to relieve the pounding headache and queasy stomach.

Don’t make all these football enthusiasts go to work still half pissed Monday morning. Don’t make them call in sick. Let them have one day of recovery or a day for Eagles fans to mourn their loss.

I’m one of the smarter people. I didn’t drink at all yesterday. Hell, I didn’t even get to watch the game.

I was busy watching the Midget Barons defeat the Unity Lazers 7-6 in a exciting provincial playoff hockey game. Good times.