2.17.2005

I suck, your suck, the Bruins suck!

Well it happened. I had someone complain about my reporting abilities.

I missed the Battleford Bruins’ one win this year. Yes the team that upset the second last place team now has two points on the season.

Which is incredible is that this is two more points than last year.

The manager, we’ll call him Brent Menssa because that’s his name, wrote me an email wondering why I was a week behind writing about the Bruins loss and not their victory.

If he would have actually talked to me in person, I would have said a few things.

First: since about loss five on the season, you and your team hasn’t been cooperative when I ask questions. But really how many times can you think up a new way to say we lost cause we suck?

Plus you don’t fax over game sheets or even update me with a up-to-date roster.

Second: the game was on the same night as the North Stars. The team that the city cares about. No offence, but only 50 people show up to watch the Bruins, unless the other team brings a bunch of fans with them to watch the onslaught.

I went to the game, against the same team, the following night. You guys lost 9-4. You were dominated and played like crap. I didn’t think you would have had a chance. That’s my mistake. You’re 0-37 record made me believe that you wouldn’t win. I’m an ass.

Why are you in the paper a week late? I only have three pages on Wednesday. Everything else gets bumped back to Sundays paper.

You guys losing every game doesn’t make for front-page news. People ask me ‘how much did the Bruins lose by this time?’

The answer has never been closer than four goals.

Third: I am sorry for missing your win. It will be the only one this season. It was some pretty big news. Joel will probably leave Rolf’s before the Bruins win again.

Sorry Joel, but if no one bugs you you’ll never leave.

Anyway the Bruins’ season is over tonight, when they lose again.

The Bruins suck!