12.03.2004

Can't we all just get along?

I'm sick of the war. I'm sick of Bush trying to make amends with all those he didn't care about when the whole thing started. I'm sick of hearing it's for the good of the world, and I'm also sick of the whining protestors.

“I made some decisions that some in Canada obviously didn't agree with," Bush said.

"But I'm the kind of fellow who does what I think is right, and will continue to do what I think is right," Bush said in the Canadian capital, with Martin by his side at a joint news conference. (CNN.com)

Some decisions Canada didn’t agree with. More like some decisions the majority of the world didn’t agree with.

I really wish I could do what I thought was right. I think it’s right not to invade countries, not to kill innocent people, and not to go against the UN. I guess I’m doing that. To bad everyone doesn’t have the same ideas of what is right.

What’s the point of having a governing body, if you’re not going to listen to and follow their views? They are supposed to be looking out for the good of the world, not one country.

Something had to be done about 9/11, but totally changing the course of a country’s history with falsified information isn’t the way to go.

I’m for getting all the terrorist groups, but there has to be a better way than rolling over nations.

The States is a big bully. One kid finally takes a stand, but gets the worst beating of his life.

The wars aren’t even far.

At least there’s not as much death as in the World Wars.

I didn’t like the way Bush used war-time quotes to spur the Canadian people

Mr. Bush then cited former prime minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, who called for aggressive action during the Second World War.

" 'We must also go out and meet the enemy before he reaches our shores. We must defeat him before he attacks us, before our cities are laid to waste,' " Mr. Bush quoted the prime minister.

"Mackenzie King was correct then, and we must always remember the wisdom of his words today." (globeandmail.com)

I think the entire world was in that war. We were fighting for a world of freedom and peace.

We weren’t trying to overthrow governments and put puppets in their places.

He should have quoted a viking and said “kill” and “destroy.”

Someone should give him a big bag pretzels and see what happens.

I want the war to end, and I’m glad there’s peace keeping nations like Canada cleaning up the mess.

Not all Americans are bad. I know nearly half of the nation didn't vote for him, but the other choice wouldn't have been any better.