11.25.2004

One little mistake

It’s a very big day for me. Well I thought it was. I got my very first business card. The only problem is the fax number is wrong, so they are all being returned.

I was happy as could be. Then shot right back down to my chair in front of my computer that sits in my corner cubicle.

Oh well, I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Yet. I’m sure they’ll order some new ones in no time.

The great thing is my title was sports editor. The boss had kept referring to me as the sports writer for the last two months. Maybe I’ve gotten a promotion. I’m sure it won’t come with a raise, but I’ll have to bring that up.

I still having a lot of fun at my job, but it sure takes a lot out of me.

My schedule is terrible. I’m in the office during the day and at some sporting event during the night.

I know I shouldn’t whine. How many people get to watch sports for a living? Not too many. How many games would I watch anyway? A lot.

I’m one of the lucky people that have found a really good job.

It’s not exactly my dream, but it’s close. I think I’d rather just be a photographer. I’m not a big fan of the whole interviewing. Plus after a while all the quotes and comments start to sound the same.

I should just have a list of quotes and randomly grab one here or there.

This is just my first step towards a really great job. I can’t wait for it. Until then, I’ll have to enjoy my incorrect business cards.