11.15.2004

The Cubicle of fun and excitment

I always thought working in a cubicle would be fun. You have your very own space to get the job done. They look so cozy and private. Could it get any better. I don't think so.

It's not true. Cubicles suck. You feel trapped, isolated and are always wondering what the hell is the noise coming from a cubicle over.

It sucks. I don't want to be here right now. I'd rather be serving dumbasses at some stupid convenient store. It's not having anyone near to interact with that I hate. I like having someone to talk with without getting up and walking around a little divider.

Anyway, it just reminded me of Joel's bedroom when he lived in Calgary with Rob, Logan and Gord-O. It was a tidy two metre section in the living room. His one wall was a cubicle divider.

For some reason, Joel thought the thing was sound proof. We were all on the couch when some grunts started coming from Joel's "room". Then there were a couple groans and finally a loud gasp of delight.

We don't know what really was going on. My guess is that he was trying to either put on a pair of socks or struggle into some hip-hugging jeans. Joel started the whole hip-hugging jean fad.

Well, my cubicle sucks. I need something cool in here. Maybe I'll get a cactus, or a clock. That'll, as the spice girls say, spice up my life.