11.19.2004

Burning Oregano

I think there are a couple of terrible cooks in my apartment building. I come home and the entire stairwell smells like burning oregano. It has a very distinct smell. It's reminds me of my friends Rob and Lynn's house.

I'm guessing these people are big fan of Italian food. Every night they're using oregano. Well it goes in bunches. For five days straight the smell will fill the building and then for three days there won't be any pleasant scents. It's like they went dry. Ran out of oregano.

They are also some of the happiest people I have ever met. I walk past the door and it's nothing but laughing and good times. I'm tempted to stop by and see what's going on. One time my girlfriend asked to borrow some oregano, buy they didn't have any to spare. We were making some pasta sauce and really needed one more spice to make it perfect.

Damn them. I also wish that creepy guy who comes at midnight and stops by their place would quit coming around. He is freaky. I would describe him as a stereotypical drug dealer. I know he isn't because our building is supposed to be drug free, and everyone follows that rule.

People need to learn how to properly use oregano. It's not that hard.