5.03.2006

Believe

You have to support your team!
It drives me wild to hear people shoot down their own team. Aren’t they supposed to be fans?
I’ve heard a few “Flames fans” saying they don’t think Calgary will pull off the victory tonight.
I had to stand up for the Flames and listed off the reasons why they should win.
My loyalties are with the Flames right now. I lived in Calgary for seven years and took a fancy to those flaming Cs.
Unfortunately they went on the longest playoff drought in NHL history while I was there, so I wasn’t around for their glorious playoff run last season.
I’m not sure if it is coincidence or not, but they made the playoffs the year I left. Hmmmm...
Anyway, if they do lose, I’ll go down with the ship. I’ll put up with all the “I told you soes” and crap tomorrow. But I will be standing behind them until the very end.
Of course they’re not going to lose. I get to be the guy shaking my head at all the supposed fans that didn’t think Iginla and his teammates could pull off the game seven victory.
And they’re going to hear about it. I’ll have to slap that doubt out of their little heads.
Go Flames Go!

Sorry Joel. I know you hate sports and don’t care about hockey, but screw you!