12.21.2004

Sexism still runs rampant in 21st century

I was just wondering what the world was coming to. Just when I thought we were getting over sexism and bringing about gender equality, Curves for women open up across the street from where I work.

I’m not allowed to get a membership. I can’t go work out in their facilities because I’m not female.

Women fought to get the right to vote. They should get equal pay with equal experience and ability. I don’t know that happens all the time, but it should.

Now it seems that being even just isn’t enough. You need your own gyms as well. Soon it’ll be women’s only everything. Isn’t giving birth enough for women? Do you need to take over the world?

Soon, men won’t be able to vote, men will get paid less and eventually men will be staying at home taking care of the kids.

Why can’t we just forget about gender, when it comes to everything except reproducing. I’m all for one man and one woman there.

Anyway, I want to see a unisex clothing store. I don’t want a men’s section and a ladies’ section. It should be all mixed together.

I want the choice of wearing women’s clothing. It should be okay with society for me to wear shirts with buttons on the left.

Washrooms should also be unisex. Ladies should have the choice to piss in a urinal if they want to. They should be able to piss in the trough like men do in some bars.

Men should be able to sit down to urinate, if they want to. Some guys have jobs where they stand for 10 hours. A minute-long sit down is nice.

Another sexist item ticking me off was brought to my attention of a co-worker.

He has a baby girl, and he often changes her. But unfortunately he can’t all the time.

Some men’s washrooms don’t have baby change tables and the floor isn’t sanitary enough. They’re should be change tables in both washrooms or better yet, a change table in the unisex bathroom.

Why is there a demand for women’s only gyms?

I’m guessing it’s because ladies don’t like being gawked at or hit on by guys.

Maybe they are embarrassed to show their physics in a leotard?

I don’t know, but it’s not right. Men and women are equal in this world. Men shouldn’t be left out. We should be able to walk into any gym and start lifting weights if we want to.

If we start segregated ourselves now, what’s next?

Small sections of a cities only for specific races? Maybe we can give them names like China Town or Little Italy? Wouldn’t that be grand.