3.27.2006

A Lack of Pies

Well, without anything better on the agenda, today I present to you...

The Spoonerism.

Spoonerisms occur when the letters or syllables in a phrase get swapped, either by accident or on purpose, and the results are supposedly hilarious. If you're a big dork, that is. Luckily, I am, so a-spoonerin' we will go!

Examples are:

  • Tease my ears (Ease my tears)
  • It's roaring with pain (It's pouring with rain)
  • Go and shake a tower (Go and take a shower)


Yeah, okay, those were absolutely lame. Anyways, here's a list of ones that aren't completely terrible. I must insist you don't puzzle out the spoonerisms out loud, for it could result in your savage beating by commando nuns. Just sayin', is all.

The acrobats displayed some cunning stunts.

Sir, you are certainly a shining wit.

He fills her soul with hope.

It's the Tale of Two Cities.

Have you brought your sleeping bag?

She is sure pretty.

Have you seen her sick duck?

Oh, the suffering of purgery on my soul!

He's not a pheasant plucker.

She showed me her tool kits.

He's a smart fella.