3.07.2005

My good dead for the day

I saved the day again.
Only moments after Joel departed back to Rocky, I headed to the News-Optimist office. I needed to check a few things before the big North Star game.
Unlike every other Sunday I’ve visited the office, it wasn’t empty. There were people there. Three people including the boss.
I wondered why?
I walked in through the front door and immediately noticed the problem. The carpet was soaked and the entryway was flooded. The melting snow was the culprit. The basement was also submerged in a foot of water.
I waded through the mess and headed to my desk. I sat down and started a little work.
Moments later, the boss comes to me and wants me to take pictures of the water damage for insurance purposes. I wonder why me?
It’s a point-and-click digital camera. You turn the setting to auto and fire at will. Pretty simple.
But maybe this new technology was just a little bit advanced for them. Not everyone is as smart as me.
They have those fancy automobiles that almost drive themselves. They might not know to look through the viewfinder to see what they’re about to take a picture of.
I can’t assume everyone is up to my level. I have to be realistic.
So I took the pictures. I made sure they turned out great and everyone is happy.
It feels good to do something for the less fortunate.