7.03.2004

Playmates of the Year

Those of you new to our site probably have some questions cranking the hamster wheel in your brain; and I have no doubt that number one on your list of inquiries is this: Just what the hell do we look like? Mostly to know who you're looking for when you finally decide to make Darwin's theories more "pro-active", I'm guessing. Well, tough luck, assholes! AH HA HA HAH!

Ahem.

Barring the pictures on our logo, the pictures of us in our posts and the spiffy animated GIF in our sidebar, we're just not that well represented image-wise on our site. I decided to rectify this tout de suite.

         
We're ready for our close-ups, Mr. DeMille.

Well, I hope that helps when you make the trip to Rocky to pop some caps in our ignorant asses. We'll be eating cupcakes and watching Winnie the Pooh until then.

Now on to the first edition of Dane's Relevant Links!

Now hold on, you're saying. You, Jam-Master Joel, are writing this post. Why the hell is it Dane's Relevant Links, then? Because, my simple friend, when Dane recommends a link, it is Relevant. When I recommend a link, it is Useless. Read the damn sidebar. Since these links are actually somewhat relevant, I'm acting as a proxy for Dane until such time when he is in a capacity to recommend them himself. At the moment Dane is currently holding hands with his girlfriend or brushing her hair or perhaps engaging in any number of wholesome activities that boys and girls do together nowadays. I don't know, I took a vow of celibacy two years ago; not as an expression of any beliefs, mind you, but more as a way to justify my social life or lack thereof. But that's neither here nor there.

I'd really like to claim that I created the images above and the images in our header myself, but then I'd be lying. And liars make cuddly kittens cry while Jesus plots to literally shit in their cereal. Or something. Anyways, I made them with the help of some avatar creation programs I managed to find while trolling the Interweb. Kudos goes to Heroine X for being the person whose post about them I found first.


  • Portrait Illustration Maker - Used to make the images contained in this post. Not that pretty of a system, really; but there's lots of things to play around with.
  • Dookyweb - Used to make the images in the logo. Nice and easy! Less options than the one above, though.


Up next: Joel attempts to write a chapter in the saga of Drunk Guy and Bug Man, or whatever the hell their names are.