6.23.2004

One stepping stone I tripped over. Then Joel used it to crack open my skull.

In the past month, I've had the pleasure to attend four graduations. I only participated in my convocation from MRC. I've had to endure inspirational speech after inspirational speech. You can do whatever you put your mind to. The sky's the limit. You're about to embrace life. It's all the same.

I thought my graduation was special. I thought I was part of the only class that could become rich, famous and successful. I can't believe it's not true.

What did I want to do when I left high school? Damned if I knew, so I went to the University of Calgary for a semester. I studied psychology and economics. After I turned 18, I found the lib. I had to wait until the end of October to legally drink. I pretty much flunked out of UofC.

I took some time off before returning to MRC. I enrolled in some general study classes, keeping some of my schedule free for the liberty lounge. I ended up in the Journalism program. Fun times. Lots of drinking and laughs.

Four years later, I'm done. I just have two months of working at the Mountaineer before I'm mailed my degree. Yippy.

I don't remember any grad speech preparing me for that.

What's the point of graduating? I guess it's for the parents and the sentimental students.

Maybe I'm just sick of graduations. If you made it this far, thanks for reading my speal.