6.21.2004

He's no Siskel, but he's got Ebert down to a tee

Joel advised me about Prey for Rock and Roll. He said Gina Gershon supposedly sucked. She did. The movie did and I'm pissed off I sat through the entire thing.

If a movie has a hot girl with a tight leather outfit on the cover, it should have some nudity. The movie needed something. At least Showgirls knew enough to put naked girls in the film. The back cover of Prey for Rock and Roll even mentions a sexy thrill ride. There was no sex, no thrill and I've had better rides on donkeys.

I did however watch dumb and dumberer. It was funny. Not as good as the first but decent. I would recommend it to friends, but only watch it once. After that, it becomes stupid. The jokes aren't funny after the one time. The actors are very similar to Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels, but they're not the same. Watch it though. It's stupid, but puts a smile on your face.

Now I'm back to thinking up schemes to keep the ladies away from Joel.