6.16.2004

Behind the Apocalypse

I was driving to work today, and like every convenience store clerk does in their free moments, I was pondering the mysteries of the universe. After kneading the old what is reality question in my brain for a while, I decide to turn to what is wrong with our world. Then, in a flash of brilliance, it hit me.

Flash back to 1987. What was a female sex symbol like back then? Well, for example:





Ah, good old Heather Locklear. Still attractive by today's standards. Now let's take a look at a male sex symbol:





George Michael. Ummm, yeah. Anyway, let's flash forward four years, to 1991. Female sex symbol, step right up:





Hmmm, Sharon Stone! The woman who made icepicks sexy! I know you don't want to, but let's look at a male sex symbol:





Vanilla Ice. Dammit. Puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?