8.02.2004

In the Spirit of Jimmy Swaggart

I have something to admit. I have been living a lie. For the past several days, I've been basking in glory that wasn't rightfully mine. The world was shouting my name, naked women threw themselves upon me, and offers of fabulous wealth poured in daily. But then there was a flash of lightning. Thunder crashed, and a dark figure entered the scene. His flowing cape fluttered in the wind, and his eyes burned with the fire of a thousand suns. It was the dramatic young visionary known only as Spencer, coming to cast his judgement upon me. He thrust his finger at me and bellowed, "O False Messiah! You traitor to all of man! Deceiver! I cannot abide your lies any longer! For you have perverted the works of great men and claimed the results as your own! The world shall soon know of your greivous sins." With that, he wrapped his cape around him and vanished into thin air. I was left, surrounded by a heavy fog of shame. My faithful readers, can you ever forgive me? I'm sorry if it raised your opinion of this shallow, hollow person. Why God? Why do you allow this patchwork piecemeal man to keep drawing breath? When he has nary an original thought in his styrofoam peanut-filled head? Oh Dane! I have forever tainted this site! [intese bawling]